“This comes after years of racism and extreme occupation practices in Jerusalem [that are] trying to expel the Palestinians out of their city.” - Maath Musleh, talking about the Israeli mob attack on Palestinians in Jerusalem last week
This week on The Electronic Intifada podcast:
- An interview with activist Maath Musleh in Jerusalem, who reported on a resident facing decades in Israeli prison simply for visiting a nearby village;
- A mob of Israeli youth attack and beat three Palestinians in Jerusalem, we’ll have a look at the situation of Israel’s impunity and unchecked racial hatred;
- How harsh economic and social conditions in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip contribute to violence against women;
- The Electronic Intifada’s ongoing investigation into the UK Guardian’s recent hire of an anti-Muslim correspondent who called for the murder of American activists going to Gaza; (UPDATE: The Guardian announced on Friday (after podcast was produced) that it has dumped Joshua Treviño – see Ali’s blog post here)
- News from the global boycott, divestment and sanctions movement, including the recent announcement by the United Church of Canada to boycott products made in illegal Israeli settlements in the West Bank.