“Mostly, [CUFI collects money] for the settlements. There is a very large auditorium now in the settlement of Ariel, and it’s called the John Hagee auditorium. … You would think that a group of Christian Zionists would be very concerned about issues for Christians in the Holy Land, but they’re not.” - Alice Bach
On this week’s podcast:
- Our correspondent Shahd Abusalama writes about her meeting with Palestinian footballer Mahmoud Sarsak, back home in Gaza after an epic three-month hunger strike following three years of imprisonment without charge or trial;
- Why is a critic of Islam advising Britain’s military?
- Israel takes steps to deport solidarity activists in the West Bank while the Palestinian Authority defames them;
- An interview with our blogger Alice Bach, who attended the Christians United for Israel Conference, featuring Joe Liebermann, Pastor John Hagee, Michelle Bachmann and Benjamin Netanyahu, she’ll tell us about the Christian Zionists’ gathering to cheer for Israel and pressure politicians;
- Anti-boycotters backed by an Israel lobby group are forced to pay $160,000 to board members of the Olympia Food Co-op in Washington in a major victory for the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement, we’ll tell you why.